Tuesday, December 9, 2014

One, two, three, four, five


Here's a fun little activity:

Do you know the rhyme, "One, Two, Three, Four, Five. Once I Caught a Fish Alive?"

Well, it goes like this:

One, two, three, four, five.
Once I caught a fish alive.
Six, seven, eight, nine, ten.
Then I let it go again.
Why did I let it go?
Because it bit my finger so.
Which finger did it bite?
This little finger on the right.

I cut some fish shapes out of felt so we could count them while we sing this. Not only does this teach counting but also which is the right side.

In addition, our felt fish have enjoyed elaborate stroller trips throughout the house!

Where did I get my fish pattern? I just thought of a toilet seat and went from there. Do you see it? They look like toilet seats. I'm no artist.

Once I caught a toilet seat alive. Not as catchy.

Have a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment