Thursday, February 19, 2015

Elephants on a spider web

Yesterday we each made a hand print elephant and glued it to paper along with a big letter E.

I was glad we created a hand print template, because today I used it to make props for the Five Elephants Counting Song.

We also did the number sticks game. Matching colored Popsicle sticks are put in the appropriate tubes. One stick goes in the #1 tube, two sticks go in the #2 tube, etc. I would have a photo of this, but my handiwork turned out less than photogenic.

Here is what it is supposed to look like.

After the game, the kids made a Popsicle kitchen, a facility where they made and sold Popsicles. For pretend! They also used the tubes as microphones and sang into them.

Who am I to get in the way of innovation?

Oh and I stuck one yellow stick in a tube and set it in the middle of the floor for some Jack Be Nimble fun. I recently heard another verse to Jack Be Nimble, by the way.

Jack Be Nimble, the extended version:

Jack be nimble.
Jack be quick.
Jack jump over the candlestick.

Jack be nimble.
Jack be spry.
Jack jump over the apple pie.

Now I want apple pie.

Have a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment