Monday, February 23, 2015

What is this?

This intriguing goodie is comprised of a blue holder for markers with felt pieces stuck in each hole and then some sticks from the number stick game poking in as well.

Diaper-changing stations are lame. Not cool. I could have all the supplies set up and sit there with a smile on, but I wouldn't get any takers.

So today, as I sat there smiling for no reason, I grabbed whatever was within my reach: the marker holder, some felt pieces, and all those sticks. Then I assembled them and played with it like it was the best thing since jelly donuts. 

It's all marketing, really.

And wouldn't you know? A sweetie needing a diaper change approached, took the new item, and then...diaper job done!

I really don't like to chase anyone down for a diaper change. I don't like to make little ones mad. So, if they can come to me willingly, all the better!

Today we also dug in oats for some number sixes. I gave them each a cake pan filled with oats and a few construction paper sixes hidden inside. 



They dug around with spoons until they found the sixes. No big whoop to make and it made the point about sixes. Then they just played with oats.



As I was sweeping the oats, they really wanted to sweep, too. So, I gave them each a small whisk brook to use. They even had fun cleaning it up. 

Hope you're having a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment